Texas Department of Information Resources (DIR) Contract for Deliverables Based Information Technology Services (DBITS), Contract TSO-4348
For quotes, purchase orders, or questions please contact:
POC: John Eagles, Proposal/Contracts Manager
Phone: (626) 375-3994
Phoenix Business Inc. dba Phoenix Business Consulting (Phoenix) has been awarded by the Texas Department of Information Resources (DIR) a contract for Deliverables Based Information Technology Services (DBITS Contract # DIR-TSO-4348).
The DBITS contract allows Phoenix to provide project-based IT services to eligible State of Texas agencies through the DIR cooperative purchasing program. This program is designed to facilitate procurement activities for eligible State Agencies. Note that this contract is for services only.
DBITS may be used by state and local government, public education, other public entities in Texas, as well as public entities outside the state. Additional eligibility information can be found here:
Specifically, Phoenix has been approved to provide services in the following categories:
IT Project Management
1) Definition: Phoenix may perform any or all of the project management processes identified by the Project Management Institute as published in the PMBOK® Guide, Fifth Edition or most recent.
2) Examples of included services: Utilizing the Customer’s tools and processes, using off-the-shelf tools, using Phoenix’s own proprietary tools and processes to manage a project and using the Texas Project Delivery Framework.
IT Assessments and Planning
1) Definition: IT Assessments and Planning may include IT effectiveness, maturity, governance, project management and architecture. Strategic planning activities may include mission statement development, visioning and goals, objectives, and strategy development. Tactical planning may require that actionable plans and roadmaps be provided.
2) Examples of included services: IT assessments, including enterprise architecture and cloud assessments; staff knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs) assessments; bandwidth assessments, network performance and strategic and tactical planning.
1) Definition: Verification and Validation are independent procedures that are used together for in-depth analysis by checking that a product, service, or system meets requirements, independent oversight of SDLC processes and specifications and that it fulfills its intended purpose.
2) Examples of included services: Validation of software design to meet system needs/requirements; traceability of safety critical requirements; design analysis of selected critical algorithms; and code analysis of mission-critical software components and the independent oversight and assessment of systems development life cycle (SDLC) processes (such as issue and risk management, requirements analysis, testing, data conversion etc.)
IT Procurement Assistance
1) Definition: Information Technology Procurement Assistance services may include assistance in IT Statement of Work (SOW) and/or Request for Offer (RFO) development. Procurement assistance activities may include requirements gathering, scoring criteria development, and evaluation criteria development.
2) Examples of included services: specification development, Statement of Work (SOW) development, and RFO development for IT products and services.