SAP ECC to S/4HANA Cloud Migration
The migration from SAP ECC to SAP S/4HANA Cloud is a complex process that requires careful planning and execution.
Here are some key considerations to help facilitate your migration from SAP ECC to SAP S/4HANA Cloud:
- System Requirements: Before starting the SAP S/4HANA migration process, make sure your hardware and infrastructure meet the minimum requirements for S/4HANA. Also, ensure that all necessary prerequisites are met, including the upgrade of any add-ons or custom developments.
- Migration Approach: There are two main approaches for migration to S/4HANA, Greenfield and Brownfield. The Greenfield approach involves a new implementation, where a new instance of SAP S/4HANA is created from scratch. The Brownfield approach involves the conversion of an existing ECC system to S/4HANA. You can choose the approach that best suits your organization’s needs.
- Assess your system landscape: Before you start the migration process, it is important to assess your existing system landscape and identify any customizations or third-party add-ons that may need to be migrated or replaced. This will help you to plan your SAP S/4HANA migration strategy and ensure that your new system meets your organization’s needs.
- Plan your data migration: One of the biggest challenges in any cloud migration is ensuring that your data is accurately and completely transferred to the new system. It’s important to plan your data migration carefully, identifying which data to migrate and how to map it to the new system. You should also consider any data quality issues and plan for data cleansing and validation as part of the migration process.
- Prepare your team: A successful SAP ECC to SAP S/4HANA Cloud migration requires a strong team with the right skills and experience. Make sure that your team members are trained on the new system and understand the migration process. You should also consider bringing in external SAP ECC to SAP S/4HANA Cloud consultants or partners like Phoenix Business Consulting to provide additional expertise and support.
- Test and validate: Before you go live with your new system, it’s essential to test and validate it thoroughly. This includes testing both the functional and technical aspects of the system, as well as ensuring user acceptance testing (UAT).
Request a Demo
Benefits of migrating from SAP ECC to SAP S/4HANA Cloud
- Faster and Cost-effective: SAP S/4HANA’s flagship in-memory database provides improved performance for complex business processes. S/4HANA offers increased scalability, and the in-memory design of SAP’s HANA database increases processing speeds. S/4HANA delivers planning, execution, analytics, and reporting at exponential speeds. Also, organizations on SAP S/4HANA can process larger volumes of data with fewer resources. This lets you do more with less to reduce the time-to-value and in some cases reduce time-to-market. Deployment options in cloud or hybrid lower infrastructure investment and optimize the total cost of ownership.
- Gain a competitive advantage: Get a head start in your industry against your competitors by making the move to SAP S/4HANA Cloud, which incorporates a wealth of new features and applications such as embedded machine learning, advanced analytics, better user interfaces through SAP Fiori, intelligent processes, and much more to make your organization more robust and prepared for any challenge. Migrating from SAP ECC to SAP S/4HANA Cloud enables you to capture your objectives much more efficiently with the modern, intelligent ERP ecosystem of SAP S/4HANA.
- All-in-one platform: The SAP S/4HANA suite has many features to support your business processes across all touchpoints at unprecedented speed for fast decision-making and near real-time insights. The modern features and user-friendly Fiori interface let you manage your business across all channels and from any device(desktop, tablet, mobile phone). The groundbreaking SAP S/4HANA solution will streamline and transform small, medium, and large enterprise Public Sector organizations and businesses to deliver tangible value for every business process function.
- Reduce customization: Staying on ECC may mean more code customizations in your business environment. This increases development hours, risks, and effort, as well as consuming more time and leads to more expenses for your organization. The legacy ECC system will not adapt as well past 2027 and will require complex coding to keep it current with the needs of your organization. Another key facet to keep in mind is that changes to one part can severely affect other interconnected areas, requiring code changes in these affected areas as well.
- Moving from SAP ECC to SAP S/4HANA Cloud is preferable because S/4HANA receives substantial R&D funding from SAP, resulting in newer capability that is in line with the dynamic business market.
- Keeping business processes as is: You can use SAP S/4HANA to streamline existing processes so that you can provide high-quality results faster than you could before. SAP S/4HANA allows you to not just work with the current processes but accelerate the same to realize quality output in far less time. The power of the SAP HANA Database applies speed to a simpler data model and eliminates redundancies, batch processing, and other bottlenecks to result in improved productivity, which goes on to give incremental savings down the line.
Want to learn more about SAP ECC to SAP S/4HANA Cloud Migration?
Schedule your SAP ECC to SAP S/4HANA Cloud Migration discovery call with Phoenix Business Consulting today!
About Phoenix Business Consulting
Phoenix Business Consulting is a recognized industry leader of SAP for Public Sector and commercial organizations, possessing a proven record of project successes, deep SAP / ERP / IT domain expertise, and extensive knowledge of Public Sector Best Practices. Since our founding in 1998, Phoenix has been dedicated to serving the SAP / IT requirements of the Public Sector (K-12, Universities, Cities, Counties, State Governments, Transportation, Utility agencies) as well as commercial organizations. Over our 25+ year history, we have provided SAP implementation, SAP S/4HANA system assessments, and SAP support services to over 150+ Public Sector agencies and commercial organizations (manufacturing, defense, life sciences, oil and gas, professional services and more) including many large, complex organization.
Phoenix has been creating SAP S/4HANA Assessments and ERP IT roadmaps for dozens of clients to help them navigate through the decision-making process of whether they should move to new products and planning for an S/4HANA migration utilizing best practices. Phoenix Business Consulting utilizes a Selective Data Transition (SDT) approach and tool, which enables organizations to accomplish the data migration from SAP ECC to SAP S/4HANA Cloud in a single step (“Lift and Shift” approach). The “Lift and Shift” approach is enabled due to the innovative approach, methodologies, and tools contained in our SAP S/4HANA services.