Professional Services: Capturing New Business Opportunities
Leaders focus on these three strategic priorities:
- Outcome-based engagements
- Move from time- and materials-based engagements to outcome- or performance-based billing
- Adopt intelligent bid management to ensure predictability and repeatability of outcomes and thus minimize delivery risks
- Knowledge as a service
- Move from individual people-based engagements to repeatable digital and IP-based services
- Adapt the quote-to-cash process infrastructure to include new capabilities required by the new business models
- Talent networks
- Gain infinite capacity by sourcing expertise in the open talent economy
- Leverage the power of the “complete” workforce (internal and contingent) when scheduling and staffing engagements
SAP® solutions with SAP S/4HANA® and SAP Business ByDesign as the digital core can support these strategic priorities. For instance, they can help reimagine the quote-to-revenue process to charge for outcomes.
Professional services leaders are also investing in an IT environment that enables these strategic priorities and meets expected future requirements. The SAP portfolio with the intelligent suite, intelligent technologies, and open digital platform can provide the right technology stack to help meet business challenges.
With SAP solutions, your Professional Services company can
- Accelerate new business models and deliver the best customer experience by connecting the front office to back office
- Realize significant productivity and agility gains, unleashing significant savings and responsiveness
- Engage the workforce by improving the user experience and automating high-volume repetitive tasks
Enabling Professional Services Priorities with SAP Software
Leading professional services firms have come to recognize the impact and potential of digital transformation. They seek to constantly innovate across the value chain to drive profitable growth by successfully adapting to how customers want to acquire, use, and pay for their solutions and services. To achieve these objectives, they are focused on the strategic priorities outlined below. The question you may be asking is, how can SAP help? Outlined below are the primary business capabilities provided by having SAP S/4HANA as the digital core that can help enable your success.
Technologies such as the Internet of Things (IoT), machine learning (ML), the cloud, and predictive analytics all are required to achieve the strategic priorities for professional services. But companies are still learning to use these technologies at scale, adopt new business models, and innovate business processes. Much of the challenge relates to the level of complexity across the four key layers of technology. SAP’s ERP Cloud Solutions, the intelligent suite, and our digital platform are designed to meet Professional Services’ technology needs of the future, as shown below.